Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Welcome to my blog!

Hello Friends.

You may know me by several names: Jake, Bender, Fenderbender, or that guy with the blue hair. Today I begin this new adventure: A blog about music, ranging from the local indie band from down the street, to what I think of the new Periphery or Green Day record. The blog will review albums from genres such as ska, to midwest emo, to mathrock, to prog metal. If you have a band you'd like me to check out, then send it in, as long as it isn't rap or country, not because of my own personal opinions on the genre, but rather my lack of knowledge on either subject. Eventually I will start blogging about band news and such, and maybe even about current music, but right now I'm most likely going to just stay within the realms of reviewing bands and certain tracks, and recommending similar artists and albums.

NOTE: Before you send me a band, make sure they message me on facebook, or email me at fenderbendermusicblog@gmail.com with an album of theirs, what genre they are, and where they are from, as well as their personal Facebook pages, bandcamps, twitters, tumblrs, etc.

And now, a little bit about who I am, and my background:

I am Jacob Bender, Jewish, Angsty, and a punk at heart. I'm 18, currently studying something at Drexel University. I've been involved in music since I was 11, playing guitar and singing vocals at the Paul Green School Of Rock Fort Washington for 7 years, and now currently play bass and sing in a pop punk band called Just Cause, as well as a side project known only as O Possum, My Possum!.

My favorite bands have always varied, but my love for these five never wane:
Nirvana, Weezer, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Fall Of Troy, and Blink 182.

I hope you all enjoy my future ramblings, and follow my facebook page, tumblr, and twitter that I will soon create after I post this and my first review/blog post. Thank you!

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment